An Addon Domain is a different website, with its own unique content.
With Addon Domains you can host multiple different domains with different website content, all under the same disk space and bandwidth of one cPanel account.
Note: You may not be able to create an Addon Domain if you do not own the domain name, or if your DNS hasn't propagated yet.
To create an Addon Domain name with its own website the process is as follows:
- Login to your cPanel and under the "Domains" section click the "Domains" icon.
- Click the "Create A New Domain" button.
- Enter the domain name to add in the "Domain" text box.
- Deselect the "Share document root (/home/username/public_html) with “domain.tld”." option.
- Enter the directory where you want the files for this domain to exist.
- Click the "Submit" button.
Your new Addon Domain has now been successfully created. You can now upload your new website files to the specific Addon Domain directory which was created in your root or home directory - NOT your primary domain public_html directory.